Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation provides an extensive offering of outpatient services at multiple locations to better serve the needs of our patients. Appointments for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, physician-based rehabilitation therapy (physiatry), and psychology are available around the greater Baltimore area.
Our experienced team works with individuals to address rehabilitation needs and restore function for a variety of conditions including:
- back and neck pain
- brain injury and stroke
- cystic fibrosis
- deconditioning and fatigue
- falls and balance difficulties
- hand and wrist injuries
- low vision
- joint pain, muscle strains and sprains
- posture conditions
- sports injuries
- work and auto injuries
In addition, our comprehensive team offers programs and support groups designed to help patients and their families get back to life post injury or illness. These include:
- Amputee Support Group
- Cancer Rehabilitation Program
- Home Assessment Program
- Interventional Pain Management
- The Brain and Stroke Rehabilitation Program
- Men’s and women’s pelvic floor pain and incontinence
- Prosthetics (artificial limbs) and orthotics (braces)
- Safe Driver Program
- Sport-specific Rehabilitation and Performance Enhancement Programs
- Stroke Support Group
- Swallowing Rehabilitation Program
- Wheelchair assessments
- Wound care
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.