I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Psychology and Neuropsychology Training Programs
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers the following training programs in rehabilitation psychology and neuropsychology:
- Psychology Masters Externship – research only
- Psychology Doctoral Externship – clinical and research
- Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Psychology Doctoral Research Externship
- Postdoctoral Residencies in Rehabilitation Psychology and Neuropsychology
- Postdoctoral Multiple Sclerosis Rehabilitation Research Fellowship
The postdoctoral residencies are full-time, two-year programs focused on the assessment and treatment of adult patients with a wide range of injuries, illnesses, disabilities, and acute and chronic health conditions. The goals are to provide an organized sequence of didactic and experiential education and training activities, with focused supervision and mentoring, whereby residents can develop advanced competencies in the specialty area sufficient for independent practice and eligibility for board certification, and leadership in patient care and research. Training experiences include:
- Inpatient stroke and neurologic rehabilitation
- Spinal cord and orthopedic disorders
- Inpatient complex medical rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation / neuro-rehabilitation
Fellowship director: William Stiers, Ph.D.
The Multiple Sclerosis Rehabilitation Research Program hosts a year-long clinical psychology research externship for two to three doctoral level students. The externship program provides the opportunity for doctoral-level students to:
- Learn about the behavioral, psychological, and cognitive aspects of multiple sclerosis.
- Learn psychological interventions, such as cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I), in the context of ongoing research studies.
- Learn and administer neuropsychological testing batteries in the context of ongoing research studies.
- Learn clinical research skills.
- Collaborate on research presentations and publications.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.