The Johns Hopkins University Department of PM&R offers a variety of educational opportunities to practicing rehabilitation professionals for CEU and CME credits.
- Brain Injury
- Critical Care Rehabilitation
- Dystonia and Spasticity Practicum
- Spinal Disorders
We have a monthly Grand Rounds with invited speakers, offered free of charge, on the third Monday of the month at 12:00-1:30.
Third Annual Johns Hopkins Critical Care Rehabilitation Conference
We are pleased to present our Third Annual Johns Hopkins Critical Care Rehabilitation Conference at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD, on October 24 and 25, 2014. The course is designed for nurses, physicians, PTs, OTs, RTs, administrators, and other healthcare professionals interested in early mobility in the ICU. The course will address the learning needs of both newcomers and those who have experience with early mobility/rehabilitation in the ICU.
Early bird registration is available until July 31st 2014. For the first time, we are also accepting abstracts for poster and platform presentations, with a submission deadline of July 31st 2014. Please register on our Registration Website.
Conference topics include:
- A half-day preconference on Friday, Oct 24th, for newcomers to early ICU rehabilitation, consisting of talks on evidence, roles of various clinicians and QI framework for early mobility programs
- Patient and Family Perspective on Critical Illness
- Late-breaking publications regarding the long-term physical and neuropsychological outcomes of ICU survivors
- Principles of clinical decision-making and assessment of medical stability for early mobilization
- Implementation of a nurse-led interdisciplinary early mobility program in the ICU
- Understand ICU mobility within the context of safe-patient handling
- The implementation of a hospital-wide activity and mobility program as well as standardized measurement and documentation of patient function
- Participate in interactive workshops with multi-disciplinary experts in ICU mobility
- Poster sessions and presentations from conference attendees on their projects related to early ICU rehabilitation
Rehabilitation Therapy Services Showcase
The Annual Johns Hopkins Hospital Rehabilitation Therapy Services Clinical Showcase is a celebration of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology clinical programs, projects, research and technologies. It provides an opportunity for clinical collaboration, professional development and networking by Johns Hopkins Hospital Rehabilitation Therapy Services team and our partners. Annual themes incorporate patient centered care and interprofessional topics. The event typically includes poster presentations as well as speakers discussing issues related to multiple aspects of therapy.
2014 RTS Clinical Showcase
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Time: 2:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Location: Chevy Chase Bank Conference Center, Sheikh Zayed Tower
Keynote Presentation: 4:30 pm
To Be Announced