Department of Pharmacy Mission and Vision
Mission: To provide safe, high quality patient care in an atmosphere of professionalism, respect, and effective communication.
Vision: The Department of Pharmacy is committed to:
Patient Care: Being an integral member of the healthcare team responsible for the outcomes associated with the medication use process.
- Recognizing that the pharmacy staff is our most important resource.
- Contributing to and accepting responsibility for optimal therapeutic outcomes including promoting wellness.
- Fostering an environment that promotes the safe, efficacious, and cost-effective use of medications.
- Improving the medication use process to enhance continuity of care.
- Recruiting and retaining highly qualified pharmacists and supportive personnel.
Education: Fostering an environment designed to advance knowledge of the rational use of medications.
- Mentoring and training staff members to enhance their professional development.
- Educating patients and healthcare professionals on the safe use of medications.
- Providing health education programs to the community to prevent disease and promote public health.
- Ensuring high quality care through the education of students, residents, fellows, and staff.
Research: Making sound decisions supported by evidence based medicine through research on medication use and patient safety.
- Developing and conducting research to improve the safety and efficiency of the medication use system.
- Utilizing research methods to identify the most cost effective use of medications.
- Initiating and supporting interdisciplinary collaborative research.
- Excellence and Patient Centered Care
- Honesty and Integrity
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Respect and Teamwork