Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The department's laboratories, located in a basic science complex at the medical school, provide complete resources for research in chemical biology; structural biology; cellular and molecular biology; molecular genetics and cancer biology; and in protein, nucleic acid and carbohydrate biochemistry.
- Synthetic organic chemistry laboratories
- MALDI and electrospray mass spectrometers
- State-of-the-art 400, 500, 600 and 800 MHz NMR spectrometers including cryoprobe technology (NMR Facility Website)
- X-ray crystallography facility
- Fluorescence microscopes and image analysis equipment
- Containment facilities for studies of biological agents and chemical carcinogens.
Students also have access to facilities for high-end molecular modeling, protein and nucleic acid analysis and synthesis, confocal microscopy and the extensive clinical facilities of the Division of Clinical Pharmacology. The School of Medicine's Welch Medical Library and its associated biomedical information access technologies are among the best in the world.