Thesis Preparation Guidelines
September 5, 2013
- The thesis is a scholarly effort that describes the scientific question that your thesis research addressed, the approaches that you used to answer this question, the results that you obtained from your studies, and the conclusions that you drew from your work.
- Specific guidelines for the Ph.D. dissertation are provided by the Graduate Board of the Johns Hopkins University, and can be viewed at their Web Site
- Students are encouraged to discuss the style and format of their thesis with the program director prior to writing
- Preferred examples of thesis style are available from the program director
- The final approved thesis (see Thesis Defense Guidelines) must be submitted to and approved by the university's Thesis Office