I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Johns Hopkins Voice Center Patient Education Videos
World Voice Day 2016!
Each April 16, we celebrate World Voice Day which brings attention to vocal health and raises awareness for vocal conditions such as vocal cord immobility, vocal cord cancer and the impact of neurological disorders.
Please enjoy these videos to learn how to maintain a healthy voice along with signs and symptoms of related conditions.
World Voice Day 2013: Treating Hoarseness and Optimizing Your Voice
Watch Drs. Simon Best and Alexander Hillel as they discuss treating hoarseness and how to optimize your voice with two speech language pathologists from the Johns Hopkins Voice Center on World Voice Day.
Diagnosing and Treating Voice Disorders: Johns Hopkins Voice Center | Q&A
1. How and why do voices become disordered?
2. If a patient is complaining of hoarseness, how would you diagnose and treat it?
3. When should a patient with a voice disorder see a laryngeal specialist as opposed to their PCP?
4. What are some common types of voice disorders?
5. What can people do to prevent damaging their voices?
6. What is the role of speech language pathology in the Voice Center?
7. Why come to Johns Hopkins for treatment of a voice disorder?
Large Granuloma on the Right Vocal Cord
Reflux Associated Changes in the Larynx
Highly Inflammed Subglottic Stenosis
Muscle Tension Dysphonia
Hemorrhagic Left Vocal Cord Polyp
Hemorrhagic Right Vocal Cord Polyp
Bilateral Vocal Cord Nodules
Left Vocal Cord Cyst
Right Vocal Cord Cyst
Bilateral Vocal Cord Atrophy
Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis
Left Vocal Cord Cancer
Bilateral Vocal Cord Leukoplakia
Left Vocal Cord Immobility
Right Vocal Cord Immobility