The Johns Hopkins Center for Snoring and Sleep Surgery provides comprehensive surgical and dental care for patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) or snoring who have not had successful medical treatment or are interested in exploring other treatment options.
Our multidisciplinary team of surgical providers collaborates to develop individualized treatment plans for patients with sleep apnea or snoring problems, which may include:
- A comprehensive history and physical examination including an airway evaluation
- Nasal Surgeries: septoplasty, nasal turbinate reduction, nasal valve reconstruction, or nasal tumor or polyp removal
- Palatal Surgeries: uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), tonsillectomy, palate radiofrequency, palatal implantation
- Base of Tongue Surgeries: lingual tonsillectomy, partial midline glossectomy, radiofrequency to the base of tongue, genioglossal advancement, hyoid myotomy and suspension, tongue suspension suture
- Other Surgical Procedures: maxillomandibular advancement, tracheostomy, limited uvulopalatopharygoplasty, custom oral appliances
Through our ongoing clinical research, our team continually collaborates to refine and improve surgical treatment of OSA.
- Christine G. Gourin, M.D.
- Lisa Ishii, M.D.
- Stacey Ishman, M.D., Director
- Matthew Kashima, M.D.
- Wayne Koch, M.D.
To make an appointment, please call 410-502-3225.