I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Preparing for Your Visit
You can make an appointment to see an audiologist in the following Johns Hopkins locations by calling 443-997-6467:
- Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
- Johns Hopkins Health Care & Surgery Center at Green Spring Station
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
When calling to arrange an appointment as a new patient to Johns Hopkins, there will be many questions asked in order to establish you as a patient. You will need all of your personal identifying information (name, date of birth, social security number, address, marital status, gender, phone numbers). You will also need to provide your insurance information including the numbers listed on your insurance card (type of insurance, subscriber name, membership number, group number). You will also be asked to provide emergency contact information.
At this time you may request an interpreter if one is required for your visit or ask to be directed to Patient Relations for any special requests.
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment if you have pre-registered and 30 minutes if you have not.
What to Bring
On the day of your appointment, you will need the following:
- Insurance cards and forms
- HMO/PPO referral forms (If required)
- Social Security number of the insured person, as well as the name and address of that person's employer.
- All prior medical records, including your prior hearing test, if you have one. If you are visiting one of our otologists or neurotologists, please bring any x-ray or CAT, MRI scans and any paperwork or reports.
(These instructions are only for the Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center location. If you are visiting one of our other Hopkins Hearing locations, you will be given instructions by that office.)
- Upon arriving at the Outpatient Center staff will verify whether you have pre-registered, and, if not, will register you at this time.
- On the first floor of the Outpatient Center, you will stop at the desk and inform them that you are a new patient. They will direct you to the registration area where your information will be verified and a Hopkins plate will be made for you. When completed, you can continue to the elevators and up to the sixth floor.
- When you reach the sixth floor, you will see a large front desk area. There is a machine to the left of the desk where you can pull a ticket number. You will then either listen or watch for your number to be called.
- When your number is called, one of the patient service coordinators will assist you with the final registration process for your actual appointment. They will page the audiologist to inform them of your arrival and direct you to the appropriate waiting room.