To apply for the program, an applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have passed Part I, National Dental Board Examination. Candidate must pass Part II of the NDEB before enrollment into the program.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
Preference is given to applicants who have graduated from an ADA accredited dental school in the US, or a Canadian dental school. For applicants who do not fulfill this criterion, the following additional requirements are placed in order to apply:
- Must have passed both Part I and Part II, National Dental Board Examination
- Foreign dental transcript translated by a transcript evaluation service and translated into English (this is a requirement for PASS)
Must have taken the TOEFL exam if their dental education was not obtained at an English speaking institution. TOEFL scores are to be reported and included with the PASS application.
Generally, applicants for advanced education programs are considered on the basis of the following criteria:
- Completed Application
- Grade Point Average
- Class Standing
- Transcript/Pattern of Academic Achievement
- National Board Scores
- Experience and Training
- Personal interview
Admission criteria are applied equally to all participants regardless of race, sex, color, national origin, or religion. The Johns Hopkins University and our program encourage minority student applications.