In this issue, explore:
- From the Director: Our Caring Commitment
- African Mission Helps Patients, Raises Standards: When head and neck surgeon Drs. Wayne Koch and resident Ryan Li arrived in Cameroon, they hoped to change the medical landscape.
- For Thyroidectomies, Leave No Scar Behind: For patients with potentially cancerous thyroid nodules or overactive parathyroid glands, surgery to remove these glands can be life-changing in a positive way, but also may leave a noticeable neck scar.
- A Resounding End to Otosclerosis: By removing diseased bone and replacing it with a prosthesis, Matthew Stewart restored his patient's hearing.
- Rethinking the Beauty Standard: Kofi Boahene's awareness of multi-racial beauty standards helps him achieve more natural plastic surgery results.
- A Family Bond Beyond the Usual: When patient Sylvia Rinaldi needed special care, Hopkins head and neck surgeon Nishant Agrawal was able to help.