Postoperative 24-hour inpatient care for patients undergoing otolaryngological, gastrointestinal, plastic and oncology surgeries. We practice patient-centered care by allowing family members to room in and participate in their loved one’s care. We offer a family lounge with educational resources and Internet access. Our unit has all private rooms.
- Adults ages 18 and up
- Diagnoses include head and neck cancer, GI surgery for both malignant and nonmalignant reasons, and various inpatient plastic surgery diagnoses.
- Average length of stay: 4 days
Number of Beds
- 12 hours, self scheduling
- Most staff rotate a.m. and p.m. shifts, with about 35 percent rotation to p.m. shifts
- RN and clinical technician staff
- 12 weeks
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track