Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
As an academic Level 1 Regional Trauma Center and Pediatric Burn Center, we provide many challenging opportunities. Our surgical suites at Hopkins are pacesetters in surgery with the use of new, state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Nurses contribute to the development and piloting of exciting surgical techniques, such as robotics, cryosurgery, living-related transplants and a host of specialties.
- Ages newborn and up
- Procedures span all specialties, including:
- vascular / transplant
- orthopedic / spine
- otolaryngology / head and neck
- urology in both adults and children
Number of Surgical Suites
- 40 (30 in the main hospital; 16 in Weinberg)
- 1:1, RN circulator in each OR
- 8, 10, and some 12
- Weekend option for experienced staff
- Flexible, self-scheduling
- RN circulator in each room works with a surgical technician or another RN in the scrub role
- Nurses may work in either scrub or circulating roles
- Offered for both novices and experienced nurses
- Didactic classes plus a 4- to 6- month introduction to all services
- Individualized orientation incorporates past experience
- Managers, educators and preceptors support individual learning needs
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track