For anyone drawn to a culture where the energy is high, the pace is fast and sheer variety rules, few specialties at Johns Hopkins rival surgery for its nursing wealth. Whatever your interest—OR, ICU, inpatient unit, or advanced practice, research— you will find exploration and discovery inseparable from clinical care. Whether you arrive with years of experience, or hold a brand new degree, you can count on our thorough orientation to make you feel part of the team.
Evidence-based practice drives our resolve to enhance patient safety and outcomes while, steeped in a tradition of innovation, we originate better ways to deliver patient-centered care. We were the first at Hopkins, for example, to introduce 24/7 visiting hours for adult patients, making family members partners in decision making and helping them feel supported.
In fact, this is a place where we extend ourselves not only to our patients but to each other, a place where the individual person does not get lost. We may be huge, but thanks to collaboration with our surgeons and residents and our cross-disciplinary integration, we have created our own unique community.
- Cardiovascular Progressive Care Unit - CVPCU (Zayed 10 West)
- Cardiovascular Surgical Intensive Care Unit – CVSICU (Zayed 5 East)
- High Amenities (Marburg Pavilion3)
- Inpatient Operating Rooms (ORs)
- Orthopedic/Spine/Trauma/General Surgery (Zayed 11 East)
- Surgical Oncology (Weinberg 4A)
- Surgical Oncology (Weinberg 4C)
- Surgical Oncology (Marburg 2)
- Surgical Intensive Care/Intermediate Care – SICU/SIMC (Zayed 9 East)
- Comprehensive Transplant Unit (Zayed 9 West)
- Urology/Thoracic/Telemetry (Zayed 11 West)
- Vascular Access Team
- Weinberg Surgical Intensive Care – WICU (Weinberg 3A)