Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
32-bed Prep/PACU unit provides care for adult Cardiac and Vascular surgery patients and Interventional Cardiology patients. Services provided for adult patients include continuous monitoring, invasive line monitoring, vasoactive IV infusion, monitoring and removal of arterial and venous sheaths post procedure. ZB5 PREPAC supports cardiovascular surgery and invasive procedures Monday to Friday.
- Adult and inpatients
- Outpatients from cardiology, radiology and electrophysiology, Cardiac and Vascular Surgical services
- Ambulance transfers, as needed
- Average length of stay: 2 to 5 hours
Number of Beds
- 32 Prep and Recovery
- Prep 1:2-3
- PACU 1:1-2
- Extended Stay/Observation 1:3
- Monday through Friday; no weekends or holidays. Shifts begin at 0500 through 1200
- RN, Clinical Technicians, PACU Support Associates, Clinical Customer Service Coordinator and Clinical Customer Service Representatives
- RN composite:48 percent ADN/diploma; 41 percent BSN; 11 percent MSN
- Required competencies: 2 years clinical experience; ICU/PACU experience preferred
- 8 weeks, with designated preceptor