I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Bloomberg 12 N & S)
Acute inpatient and day-program step-down care for children and adolescents with a wide variety of psychiatric conditions.
- Ages 5 to 17
- All psychiatric diagnoses, including psychosis, major depression, suicidality, attention-deficit disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder
Number of Beds
- 12 inpatient
- one 12-slot day hospital program
New Grad RN Orientation Length
- 12-week comprehensive program with classes and practicum
- New-grad Nurse Residency Program - PEDS Track with post-orientation mentoring
- 8 and 12 hours
- Flexible, self-schedule
- 50 percent RN, 75 percent BSN prepared
- 50 percent Psychiatric Assistant (all baccalaureate-prepared)
Why I Choose Pediatric Oncology Nursing
"In addition to the honor of working with these children and their families, there’s a huge capacity for professional and personal growth. You can create things to make the care better. I feel like my voice is heard and accepted. We take part in rounds with the physicians."
—Laurie Rome, RN
Magnet Site Visit Announced
The Johns Hopkins Department of Nursing will host appraisers from the Magnet Recognition Program from 9/9-11/2013.
Public Notice of Site Visit