Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
General and intermediate medical/surgical and clinical research inpatient unit and outpatient care for children from across the United States and around the world who are participating in physician- and nurse-initiated patient-oriented research. Studies include asthma; cystic fibrosis; muscular dystrophy; HIV; sickle cell, renal, genetic and metabolic diseases. This unit also cares for general and intermediate pediatric oncology, cardiology, transplant and any medical/surgical patients varying by specialty, age day one of life to 22 years.
- Newborn to adolescent
- Medical diagnoses include trauma, pneumonia, asthma, sickle cell crisis, seizure disorders, cancer
- Surgical diagnoses include general, neurologic, cardiac, and plastic
Number of Beds
- 12 hours, day/night rotations
- Flexible, self-schedule
- All RN staff, 95 percent BSN-prepared, 25 percent CPN certified
- 12 weeks
- New-grad Nurse Residency Program—PEDS Track with post-orientation mentoring