Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
- Complete range of ophthalmic surgical procedures
- Nurses work as room charge RNs
- Nurses cross train to PACU stage I and Pre-post ambulatory care area
- Designated Eye Trauma Center for the State of Maryland
- Pediatric (including neonates), adult, geriatric and multicultural
Number of Beds
- 6 state of the art ORs
- 8-bed post-anesthesia care suite
- 1 circulating RN; 1 scrub (RN or technician)
- 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays; on-call coverage 7 to 11 p.m. weekdays and 24 hours on holidays and weekends
- 70 percent RN; 30 percent ophthalmic surgical technician
- RN composite: 87.5 percent BSN; 6 percent MSN
- Previous medical-surgical experience preferred
- Individualized with unit-based preceptor
- Guiding of patients with low vision
- Critical care, sterile processing and materials management courses
- Sensitivity and assertiveness training
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track