This unit specializes in the interdisciplinary care for adult neurology and neurosurgery patients. Imbedded in the unit is a six bed area for the evaluation of new or recurring seizure activity in patients of all ages, the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU).
- Ages: Adult on 12EAST; infant to adult in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Diagnoses include brain tumor, aneurysm, complex spinal surgery, intracranial hemorrhage, Parkinson’s disease, deep brain stimulator placement, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, Guillian-Barre, any disease that would affect the brain or spinal column, and seizures
- Average length of stay: 4.5 days
Number of Beds
- 26 adult
- 6 epilepsy monitoring
- 4 Patients: 1 Nurse - Day Shift; 4-5 Patients: 1 Nurse - Night Shift
- 8 and 12 hours
- Flexible, self-schedule
- 60 percent RN
- Clinical Technicians
- Clinical Customer Service Coordinator (CCSC)
- Clinical Customer Service Representative (CCSR)
- 12 weeks for new graduates including the Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track
- For more experienced staff orientation is tailored to the needs of the new hire.