Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
This unit specializes in the interdisciplinary care for adult neurology and neurosurgery patients. Imbedded in the unit is a six bed area for the evaluation of new or recurring seizure activity in patients of all ages, the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU).
- Ages: Adult on 12EAST; infant to adult in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Diagnoses include brain tumor, aneurysm, complex spinal surgery, intracranial hemorrhage, Parkinson’s disease, deep brain stimulator placement, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, Guillian-Barre, any disease that would affect the brain or spinal column, and seizures
- Average length of stay: 4.5 days
Number of Beds
- 26 adult
- 6 epilepsy monitoring
- 4 Patients: 1 Nurse - Day Shift; 4-5 Patients: 1 Nurse - Night Shift
- 8 and 12 hours
- Flexible, self-schedule
- 60 percent RN
- Clinical Technicians
- Clinical Customer Service Coordinator (CCSC)
- Clinical Customer Service Representative (CCSR)
- 12 weeks for new graduates including the Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track
- For more experienced staff orientation is tailored to the needs of the new hire.