Intermediate Cardiac Care unit and General Cardiology unit for patients with a cardiac diagnosis of Heart Failure, Hypertension, and Acute Coronary Syndrome. Care of Patients who undergo cardiac procedures including, but not limited to, Cardiac Catheterization, ICD placement, and Pacemaker placement.
- Diagnoses include acute myocardial infarction, cardiomyopathy, and dsyrhythmias
- Average length of stay: 4.5 days
Number of Beds
- 32 total
- 12 IMC
- 20 General Cardiology
- Day/Evening: 1:4
- Night: 1:5
- 8- and 12-hour shifts; new RNs start as day/night, then move to day/evening within 3-4 years; New RN’s every other weekend, move to every third weekend with in one year.
- 92 percent RN; 8 percent clinical technicians
- RN composite: 32 percent ADN/diploma; 64 percent BSN; 4 percent MSN
- BLS, ACLS encouraged
- 13-15 weeks; 1:1 with an experienced RN preceptor
- In-depth, specialty care orientation that focuses on cardiac patient population
- New Grads: SPRING program