Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The staff of the Infusion Center cares for 1,500 + adult outpatients per year who are receiving a variety of stimulation tests and / or IV medications for the diagnosis or treatment of chronic medical conditions. Conditions may include Oncology, Pulmonary, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Hematology, Nephrology, Transplant, Cardiology, Hepatology, Ophthalmology, Genetics, Infectious Disease, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Neurology or General Medicine services. Our efficient and highly skilled nurses in the center work with attending physicians on applied protocols and order sets, collaborate with pharmacy for protocol development and scheduling medication availability, continually monitor patients throughout their procedure and intervene rapidly in emergent situations. The center provides a relaxed setting for patient-focused care in a supportive professional environment. Patients are released to home or long term care facility at the end of their procedure.
- Adult - 18 yrs. and older
- Average length of stay: 30 minutes to 8+ hours depending on procedure
Number of Beds
- 6 cardiac chairs and 1 stretcher
- Clinical Technician
- Required competencies: IV skills, skills in accessing and de-accessing long-term IV lines, thorough assessment skills for a variety of medical conditions, and patient teaching skills.
- 8 weeks or customized to nurse needs.