Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Telemetry, and some bedside monitoring, for patients receiving cardiac medications. General medical care for patients with acute gastrointestinal, cardiac, renal, hepatic, endocrine, sickle cell, hematological and respiratory disorders.
- Diagnoses include: gastrointestinal, cardiac, renal, hepatic, hematological, sickle cell, cystic fibrosis, respiratory, endocrine disorders, and pre- and post-organ transplant
- Average length of stay: 4.6 days
Number of Beds
- Day/Evening: 1:4
- Night: 1:4-5
- 12-hour shifts; permanent nights, day/night rotation and weekend option
- 85 percent RN; 15 percent clinical technicians
- RN composite: 10 percent ADN/diploma; 90 percent BSN; 20 percent MSN
- Required competencies: BLS, telemetry and ACLS encouraged
- Comprehensive, with support from unit-based clinical resource nurse
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track
- 9 weeks for new grads
- 6 weeks for experienced RNs