Assessment and care for a highly diverse patient population with multiple medical and cardiac problems.
- Management of patients of anti-arrhythmic drips
- Diabetes, heart, liver, lung and kidney disease
- Admissions from emergency department
- Transfers from intensive care units
- Average length of stay: 4.7 days
Number of Beds
- 20 (all monitored)
- Day: 1:3-4
- Evening: 1:4-5
- Night: 1:5
- 8- and 12-hour shifts; new RNs start as day/night, then move to day/evening within 3-4 years; New RN’s every other weekend, move to every third weekend with in one year.
- 99 percent BSN; 30 percent MSN candidates
- Required competencies: dysrhythmia and telemetry skills certification; ACLS recommended
- 9 weeks
- New Grads: SPRING program