Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
This area of the Emergency Department focuses on quick assessments and interventions for patients with a wide variety of medical, surgical and mental health issues.
- Adult and geriatric
- Adult and Pediatric trauma
- Local, national and international referrals
Number of Beds
- 67 (including 4 critical care/trauma resuscitation rooms and an 8 bed psychiatric area staffed by psychiatric nurses and physicians)
- 1:4 (Support provided by Clinical Technicians, Certified Nursing Assistants, and designated transport and supply staff)
- Variety available
- 57 percent BSN; 34 percent ADN; 8 percent MSN; 1 percent DiplomaSN
- Individualized comprehensive program with RN preceptors includes:
- Clinical experience: ED, EACU, psychiatry
- Critical care, trauma, didactic education, as well as hands on learning
- ACLS classes
- Share days with social workers, respiratory therapy and Baltimore City paramedics
- Support from orientation coordinators and a Nurse Educator
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track