Providing care to critically ill patients who have undergone complex heart operations, including open-heart surgery, transplantation (heart and lung) and implantation of a ventricular assist device.
- Adolescents (with devices) and adults ages 16 and up
- Average length of stay: 2 days
Number of Beds
- 12 hours
- Web-based self-scheduling with an on-call requirement.
- 92 percent RN
- 8 percent Clinical technicians and clinical nursing externs
- Experienced ICU nurses: 12 to 14 weeks
- Med-surg-prepared nurses: 14 to 18 weeks
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track