Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
At a hospital whose patient population already comprises the sickest of the sick, our nurses who specialize in meeting the comprehensive needs of those requiring minute-by-minute care are a special breed. From medical to surgical, pediatrics to neuroscience, our critical care nurses practice with autonomy and in partnership with our physicians, surgeons and other members of the care team. And, because our critical care units share governance and offer flexible schedules with 8-, 10- and 12-hour shifts, nurses have a strong voice in their operation.
Critical care may be demanding, but here it is not the sole province of only highly experienced nurses. If you’re a new grad who shares our determination to pull patients through their most vulnerable moments, we’ll provide all the unit-specific training and mentoring you’ll need to become a vital part of our team.
- Cardiovascular Surgical Intensive Care Unit – CVSICU (Zayed 5 East)
- Cardiac Care Unit - CCU (Zayed 5 West)
- Johns Hopkins Lifeline Critical Care Transport
- Medical Intensive Care – MICU (Zayed 10 East)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – NICU (Bloomberg 8 North)
- Neuroscience Critical Care – NCCU (Zayed 3 West)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit – PICU (Bloomberg 4 South)
- Surgical Intensive Care/Intermediate Care – SICU/SIMC (Zayed 9 East)
- Weinberg Surgical Intensive Care – WICU (Weinberg 3A)