Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The SOARING program is designed to qualify CNA/GNA’s for Clinical Technician positions at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Providing participants with a full time, paid internship fostering educational opportunities through classroom, lab, and clinical experiences, the SOARING program leads the way in Clinical Technician education and development.
By providing participants with ongoing support and mentorship opportunities throughout their internship, The Johns Hopkins Hospital’s SOARING program acts as a stepping stone to your future in health care!
In order to apply for the SOARING Program, applicants must have the following;
- A High School Diploma or GED
- An Active CNA/GNA Certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing
- Have completed a Patient Care Technician II or Nursing Support Techinician Course at an approved community college (Anne Arundel Community College, Community College of Baltimore County, Baltimore City Community College and Howard Community College)
- Can provide two letters of recommendation from instructors or employers
Upcoming Internship Start Dates
The SOARING program has three internships a year: January, June and October.
Interested? Attend an Open House to get started – Applications begin at Open House. For more information, including details about the next Open House, please email SOARING@jhmi.edu.
SOARING Internship Specifics
- Four full time days, 40 hours a week, consisting of two 8-hour shifts, and two 12-hour shifts
- An intensive commitment of three months
- Successful completion of the SOARING Internship: Clinical Technician interns will move to a full time, permanent position at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
"The SOARING program gave me my wings to succeed!” – Melissa Matthews, recent SOARING graduate
"Join the SOARING program so you too can fly into your dreams!” – Velina Buckson, recent SOARING graduate