Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The SOARING program is designed to qualify CNA/GNA’s for Clinical Technician positions at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Providing participants with a full time, paid internship fostering educational opportunities through classroom, lab, and clinical experiences, the SOARING program leads the way in UAP education and development.
By providing participants with ongoing support and mentorship opportunities throughout their internship, The Johns Hopkins Hospital’s SOARING program acts as a stepping stone to your future in health care!
In order to apply for the SOARING Program, applicants must have the following;
- A High School Diploma or GED
- An Active CNA/GNA Certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing
- Have completed a Patient Care Technician II or Nursing Support Techinician Course at an approved community college (Anne Arundel Community College, Community College of Baltimore County, and Howard Community College)
- Can provide two letters of recommendation from instructors or employers
Upcoming Internship Start Dates
The SOARING program has three internships a year. They start in January, July and October.
For more information about when SOARING interviews for these dates start, please email Bhauck1@jhmi.edu.
SOARING Internship Specifics
- Four full time days, 40 hours a week, consisting of two 8-hour shifts, and two 12-hour shifts
- An intensive commitment of three months
- Successful completion of the SOARING Internship UAP Interns will move to a full time, permanent Clinical Technician position at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
"The SOARING program gave me my wings to succeed!” – Melissa Matthews, recent SOARING graduate
"Join the SOARING program so you too can fly into your dreams!” – Velina Buckson, recent SOARING graduate