Workshops Translate Hopkins' Expertise in Improving Care
Date: July 23, 2010
Through its Quality Care Academy, the Center for Innovation hosts workshops for health care organizations seeking to create or enhance their own patient safety and quality improvement programs. These hands-on training opportunities translate research and interventions that have been piloted at Johns Hopkins into day-to-day practice.
If your organization is unable to make it to Baltimore, contact us to discuss arranging a visit to your facility.
Upcoming courses include:
- Lean Sigma Prescription for Health Care—Methods for preventing waste and eliminating defects in health care delivery processes. Dates: Sept. 13-17 and Nov. 15-19. Register: www.hopkinsmedicine.org/innovation
- Improving ICU Care—Practical approaches to reducing infections, complications and length of stay. Dates: Sept. 20-21, 2010, and Feb. 7-8, 2011. Register: www.regonline.com/icu
- Patient Safety Practitioner Certificate—Comprehensive program for developing leaders within your organization. Dates: Oct. 18-20, 2010, and March 21-23, 2011. Register: www.regonline.com/safetyofficer
- Improving Perioperative Care—Strategies for improving operating room team performance, such as reducing surgical site infections and enhancing teamwork and communication. Dates: Nov. 8-9, 2010, and May 16-17, 2011. Register: www.regonline.com/safesurgery
- Measuring and Improving Culture of Safety—Practical examples of programs and tools that can improve your culture of safety, which the Joint Commission now requires health care organizations to measure. Dates: Nov. 30–Dec. 1. Register: www.regonline.com/safetyculture
- Making Hand Hygiene the ##1 Priority Among Health Care Workers—Tools and strategies for bringing about behavior change that improves hand-hygiene compliance and reduces the spread of disease. Info: 410-614-3567 or email@example.com
For details or to inquire about future dates, call (+1) 410-614-3567 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.