Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Promise and Progress - Young Lacrosse Players Faced Off Against Childhood Cancer
The Time is Now: 2010-2011
Young Lacrosse Players Faced Off Against Childhood Cancer
Date: November 11, 2010
Team Strong Hope: 2010 Maryland Lax Shootout Champs raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research at the Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center
Eleven boys from recreation and club lacrosse teams throughout the Baltimore metro area came together to form Team Strong Hope, raising awareness and vital funds for our pediatric cancer program at the Kimmel Cancer Center. The team won the 2010 Maryland Lax Shootout and presented the championship trophy to the Cancer Center in honor of the pediatric cancer patients for whom they played. They wore custom-made uniforms with the Kimmel Cancer Center logo, donated by Athletic Wear Direct, HandPrintz Custom Screen Printing & Emboidery, and SlickLids. The team was coached by Bradd Atkinson and Gary Rowley.
Watch video of the game highlights
Articles in this Issue
Cover Story: Personalized Medicine is Here, The Time is Now
- Personalized Medicine is Here: The Time is Now
- Cover Story Sidebar: Our Cancer Research is Curing Other Diseases Too
- Cover Story Sidebar: A New Paradigm for Cancer Drug Discovery
- Cover Story Sidebar: Personalized Approaches in Pediatric Cancer
- Cover Story Sidebar: The Frankenstein Project
- Cover Story Sidebar: The Serendipitous Discovery of a Cancer Starter
- Cover Story Sidebar: The Mathematics of Curing Cancer
- Immune Cell Commander
- A Personalized Genetic Profile for Brain Cancer
- A New "Twist" in Breast Cancer
- JHU Engineering Student Invents Melanoma Screening Device
- Special Delivery: Biodegradable Particles Transport Drugs to Diseased Tissues and Organs
- Targeting Brain Cancer Stem Cells
- Vaccine Clears Out Leukemia Cells
- Does Low Cholesterol Equal Lower Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer?
- A Common Good - The Commonwealth Foundation
- Helping Us Solve The Cancer Puzzle
- The Skip Viragh Center
- Making Waves to Fight Cancer
- Gift Brings Complementary Care to Cancer Patients
- A Major Gift for Kidney Cancer Research
- Giant Food Supports Childhood Cancer Research
- Wawa Cares About Cancer Patients
- Young Lacrosse Players Faced Off Against Childhood Cancer