Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Promise and Progress - Swim Across America 2013
Issue No. 1
Swim Across America 2013
Date: July 16, 2014
The fourth annual Baltimore swim took place Sunday, September 22, 2013, raising more than $425,000 for the Kimmel Cancer Center.
The annual swim, which is one of Baltimore’s biggest health-related, fundraising events, supports the Swim Across America Laboratory directed by Luis Diaz, M.D., colon and pancreatic cancer research, clinical trials, a survivorship clinic, and a retreat for patients and their caregivers.
Learn more about the 2014 event at hopkinscancer.og
Articles in this Issue
- Headline Makers - Overview
- A Safer Way to Treat Pediatric Brain Cancers
- For Cervical Lesions, Tissue Exam Beats Conventional Blood Tests
- Blood Cells Transformed to Repair Damaged Retina
- Personalized Chemotherapy
- 3D Scans Show whether Treatment is Working
- Alcohol Metabolite Could Increase Cancer Risk in Some People
- Acupuncture, Real or Simulated, Eases Hot Flashes
- New Leukemia Findings
- HPV Oral Cancers and Risk of Infection for Couples
- Molecular Marker of Cancer Drug Response
- Chronic Inflammation Connected to Prostate Cancer
- Fat Versus Brain Cancer
- DNA Damaging Toxins In Food
- Cancer Patients Who Quit Smoking Live Longer
- New Immune Therapy Shows Promise Against Melanoma
- Breathe Easier and Fight Cancer
- Cost-Cutting and Excellent Care Not Mutuallly Exclusive
- The Key to Safe Bone Marrow Transplants Revealed
- Gene-Based Blood Tests Detect Advanced and Early Cancers