Promise and Progress - Giant Game Yields $1.5 Million for Childhood Cancer Research
Giant Game Yields $1.5 Million for Childhood Cancer Research
Date: December 1, 2009
The 2009 Triple Winner Game, sponsored by Giant Food, raised $1.25 million for childhood cancer treatment and research at the Kimmel Cancer Center. An additional $250,000 was donated to the Children’s Cancer Foundation.
The Triple Winner game is a scratch card promotion. Participants purchase a card for $1 and can win a free product, gift card, or cash prizes up to $10,000.
Tom Cormier, Vice President for Giant Food, is pictured here with Kimmel Cancer Center pediatric oncology patients and Triple Winner game ambassadors Alexis, Joe and Dustin.
Articles in this Issue
- Cancer Cells Revealed in a Drop of Fluid
- Cancer Causing Bacteria
- Lung Cancer In Never Smokers A Different Disease with Different Treatments
- Headline Makers In Brief
- Lab On A Chip Shows How Cancer Spreads
- New Anticancer Drug for Skin and Brain Cancers
- Colon Cancer Needs a Sugar Fix
- Internet Hoax Revealed
- Beyond Colonoscopy