I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Promise and Progress - New Faces and New Jobs
Faces of Childhood Cancer
New Faces and New Jobs
Date: June 1, 2004
After an intensive national search, Robert A. Brodsky, M.D., was selected to head the Division of Hematology in the Department of Medicine. Brodsky will continue to work closely with the Kimmel Cancer Center and plans to expand the already strong relationship between the Division of Hematology and the Cancer Center’s medical oncology and hematologic malignancies programs.
Charles Rudin, M.D., Ph.D., has joined the Kimmel Cancer Center as an associate professor of oncology in the Division of Medical Oncology. Rudin was recently recruited from the University of Chicago after a national search. He will lead the lung cancer therapeutics program.
Kathy Carducci, M.S., R.N., O.C.N., has been appointed as cancer information specialist, a newly created position for the Kimmel Cancer Center. Carducci will work closely with the New Patient Referral Office to develop and implement systems to provide information to physicians, nurses, patients, family members and the general public about cancer clinical trials.
Kristin Weber, M.D., has joined the faculty as an associate professor of orthopedic surgery and oncology and chief of the Division of Orthopedic Oncology. She comes here from the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Articles in this Issue
- Gene Hunters Pinpoint New Cancer Gene Target
- Faces of Childhood Cancer
- Clinical Trial in the Spotlight
- A Fighting Chance
- A Champion of Pediatric Cancer Research
- One Physician's Quest for a Treatment for the Worst Kind of Pediatric Brain Tumor
- Origin of Multiple Myeloma Found in Rare Stem Cell
- Experimental Drug Being Tested for Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- 'Switched-Off' Genes May Put First Chink in Colon Cell's Anti-Tumor Armor
- Against All Odds: Ariana's Story
- From the Laundry Room to the Laboratory
- In Lauren's Head
- Pediatric Oncology Friends Bring Rhyme and Reason to Pediatric Cancer Research
- Optimists Provide Landmark Gift to Children's Cancer Research
- Eli Kahn
- Possible Interaction Identified Between Tamoxifen and Hot Flash Drug
- Premature Aging Gene Could Have Implications for New Cancer Therapies
- Something's Fishy in Cancer Research
- Angiogenesis Gene Linked to Boimarkers in Breast Cancer
- A Cure is More than the Eradication of Cancer
- Arsenic Part of Novel Treatment for Leukemia