Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Promise and Progress - Introducing the Scout, Your Guide to Pediatric Oncology
Faces of Childhood Cancer
Introducing the Scout, Your Guide to Pediatric Oncology
Date: June 1, 2004
On this site, we cover the basics such as how to make an appointment and prepare for a visit to Johns Hopkins, provide general information about childhood and adolescent cancers, and introduce you to our clinical programs and our many support services for patients and families. But, we also survey new territory, like clinical trials, the latest information on pediatric oncology research advances, events and other news.
We understand that the diagnosis of cancer is difficult for children and their families and want them to know that while our pediatric oncology program is world famous for research and treatment discoveries, providing personalized care for each patient is just as important. The Scout is just one of the many ways we are meeting this goal.
Articles in this Issue
- Gene Hunters Pinpoint New Cancer Gene Target
- Faces of Childhood Cancer
- Clinical Trial in the Spotlight
- A Fighting Chance
- A Champion of Pediatric Cancer Research
- One Physician's Quest for a Treatment for the Worst Kind of Pediatric Brain Tumor
- Origin of Multiple Myeloma Found in Rare Stem Cell
- Experimental Drug Being Tested for Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- 'Switched-Off' Genes May Put First Chink in Colon Cell's Anti-Tumor Armor
- Against All Odds: Ariana's Story
- From the Laundry Room to the Laboratory
- In Lauren's Head
- Pediatric Oncology Friends Bring Rhyme and Reason to Pediatric Cancer Research
- Optimists Provide Landmark Gift to Children's Cancer Research
- Eli Kahn
- Possible Interaction Identified Between Tamoxifen and Hot Flash Drug
- Premature Aging Gene Could Have Implications for New Cancer Therapies
- Something's Fishy in Cancer Research
- Angiogenesis Gene Linked to Boimarkers in Breast Cancer
- A Cure is More than the Eradication of Cancer
- Arsenic Part of Novel Treatment for Leukemia