Johns Hopkins Health - New Buildings Expand Our Legacy
Issue No. 14
New Buildings Expand Our LegacyDate: October 12, 2011
When the new 1.6-million-square-foot buildings open at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in April 2012, they will offer hotel-style amenities for patients, families and visitors to enhance every aspect of their experience. Designed with the patient in mind, the Sheikh Zayed Tower and The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center will feature:
- All private patient rooms, private bathrooms, walk-in showers, and sleep sofas for families.
- A wide range of dining options, including a food court, gourmet market, and other restaurants and shops for different tastes.
- A two-story indoor play area, including a basketball court, for pediatric patients.
- A dramatic art collection featuring national and international artists.
- Artistically landscaped gardens for meditation and reflection.
- Valet parking and a close, convenient parking garage.
To take a virtual tour of the new building or to learn more, visit explorehopkinshospital.org.