Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Archives - Society of Scholars
Society of Scholars
Date: September 1, 2012
Ten alumni, former house staff, fellows, and faculty were inducted into the Society of Scholars last spring. Created in 1967, the society honors those who have gained distinction since leaving Hopkins in physical, biological, medical, social, or engineering sciences. The latest inductees are:
• Timothy Buchman (HS, surgery, 1980-85), founding director of Emory University’s Center for Critical Care
• James E.K. Hildreth ’87 (fellow, pharmacology and experimental therapeutics, 1983-84; faculty, pharmacology and molecular sciences, pathology, immunology and infectious diseases, 1987-2005), dean of the College of Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis
• Christoph Lengauer (fellow, oncology, 1994-96; faculty, 1996-2005), chief scientific officer, Blueprint Medicines
• Vincent Manganiello ’67 (HS, pediatrics, 1967-68), chief of the Laboratory of Biochemical Physiology in the Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Branch of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
• Teri Manolio (fellow, general internal medicine, 1984-87), director of the Office of Population Genomics at the National Human Genome Research Institute
• Stephen McPhee ’76 (HS; fellow, medicine, 1976-80), professor emeritus of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco
• John A. Phillips III (fellow, pediatric genetics, 1975-77; faculty, pediatrics, 1977-84), head of the Division of Pediatric Genetics at Vanderbilt University’s School of Medicine
• Robert Schleimer (fellow, allergy and clinical immunology, 1979-81; faculty, medicine, 1981-2004), chief of the Division of Allergy-Immunology; professor of medicine and otolaryngology—head and neck surgery, Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine
•Arjun Srinivasan (HS; fellow, medicine, 1996-2001; faculty, medicine, 2001-2008), associate director for Healthcare Associated Infection Prevention Programs, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Steven Wesselingh (fellow; faculty, neurology, 1991-94), executive director of the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute