I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Dome - Miller timeline
Date: June 14, 2011
- Miller appointed as first dean/CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Howard County General Hospital enters the Johns Hopkins Medicine system
- Miller centralizes the international initiatives into what is now Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- The Bunting-Blaustein building for cancer research opens
- Founding of the McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine
- Founding of the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences
- The Harry and Jeannette Weinberg building, a comprehensive cancer treatment center, opens
- Founding of the Institute for Cell Engineering, the first dedicated cell engineering research incubator of its kind in academic medicine
- Founding of the Center for Innovation in Quality Patient Care, in response to the tragic death of young Hopkins patient Josie King
- Creating the role of vice dean for clinical investigations and strengthening clinical trial oversight, in response to the death of human research volunteer and employee Ellen Roche
- The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center opens
- The Johns Hopkins Early Learning and Child Care Center opens in the former Church Hospital complex
- Miller creates one of the nation’s largest academic group practices by consolidating Hopkins Hospital’s Clinical Practice Association with Bayview Medical Center’s clinical group
- Hopkins Medicine trustees set the 10-year campus redevelopment plan, beginning with the FY 2004 budget
- Broadway Research Building opens
- Founding of the Johns Hopkins Heart Institute, now known as the Heart and Vascular Institute
- A celebration recognizes the promotion of 100 women to the rank of full professor
- Groundbreaking for the new clinical buildings
- The David H. Koch Cancer Research Building and the David M. Rubenstein Child Health Building open
- The Medicine Diversity Committee is created to accelerate improvements under way on the number of underrepresented minority medical students and residents
- The Johns Hopkins Medicine Brain Science Institute is established
- The new school of medicine curriculum, Genes to Society, is launched
- The Anne and Mike Armstrong Medical Education Building opens
- Suburban Hospital in Bethesda is integrated into Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., joins the Hopkins family. So does All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Hopkins agrees to develop Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine and Perdana University Teaching
- Hospital in Malaysia
- The number of women who have attained full professorships in the school of medicine increases to 155