Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Dome - The excitement is building
The excitement is building
Date: April 6, 2011
With the April 2012 opening of the new facilities at The Johns Hopkins Hospital just one year away, inquiring minds want to know what’s been happening behind the scenes, the features of the new buildings and how the transition will take place. To learn more, you’re invited to a 12-month countdown that kicks off with an informational event on Thursday, April 28, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Hopkins Hospital’s Broadway corridor. In this first of several activities, you’ll be able to:
- view the progression of the $1 billion project in photos and video
- learn facts about the new hospital and children’s center
- find out where different departments will be located
- get a glimpse of your new workspace through a virtual tour
- answer trivia questions
- get a picture taken with Evy and Brad, the new building ambassadors
And, starting the same day, watch for regular updates, answers to your most frequently asked questions (e.g., Where will I park? What will a patient room look like?), photo galleries, blogs and other interactive features on the revamped NCB intranet site at insidehopkinsmedicine.org/ncb.