Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Media Relations Staff Beats
Journalists should always work with the media relations team first to coordinate interviews. Each media relations specialist represents several departments or specialties of medicine and is available to respond to media inquiries or interview requests in a timely manner. If you are a journalist and unsure which specialty would be most appropriate for your request, please send an inquiry to JHMedia@jhmi.edu. Thank you.
- Media Relations Phone: 410-955-6681
- Media Relations Email: JHMedia@jhmi.edu
- After Hours and Holidays: 410-955-6070. Request that they page the media relations person on-call.
Below is the list of beats covered by the media team. Selecting the beat will take you to the bio and contact information for the staff person covering that beat.
- Allergy/Clinical Immunology/Asthma
- Anesthesiology/Critical Care Medicine/Pain Medicine
- Animal Care and Use
- Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality
- Biological Chemistry
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business of Medicine
- Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery
- Cell Biology
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine/Center for Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Endocrinology/ Diabetes
- Event Communications
- Functional Anatomy & Evolution
- General Internal Medicine
- Gynecology/Obstetrics/Reproductive Endocrinology
- Health Care Policy
- Hospital Epidemiology/Infection/Infectious Diseases
- Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences
- Institute for Cell Engineering
- Institute of Genetic Medicine
- International News Media Relations
- Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- Labor Relations
- Managed Care
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Neurology/ Neurosurgery
- Orthopedic Surgery/Sports Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Technology Licensing
- Veterinary & Comparative Medicine
- Women’s Board
- Women’s Health