Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Value of Latino Health Research During Changing Times - 05/08/2017
The Value of Latino Health Research During Changing Times
Release Date: May 8, 2017
WHAT: The Latino Health Conference 2017, sponsored by Johns Hopkins Centro SOL and the Urban Health Institute, will discuss the value of Latino health research during changing times. The conference brings together renowned researchers to address topics of interest for this year's theme, which has an impact on health care quality and outcomes. There will be a speed mentoring session for young investigators or students interested in pursuing careers in research. Community organizations are invited to attend the conference and reserve their seat for the community-driven research luncheon.
WHY: The conference provides a platform for scholars, health care providers, community advocates, graduate students and other community leaders to come together to discuss topics of high priority, promoting enriching experiences that will impact Baltimore’s Latino community.
- Keynote speaker: Zeke Cohen, councilman, First District, Baltimore
- Lisa DeCamp, M.D., M.S.P.H., assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and co-director of Johns Hopkins Centro SOL
- Sarah Polk, M.D., Sc.M., assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and co-director of Johns Hopkins Centro SOL
- Tina Cheng, M.D., M.P.H., director of the Department of Pediatrics at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Joshua Sharfstein, M.D., associate dean at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Brooke Lierman, delegate, 46th Legislative District, Maryland
- Anisha Patel, M.D., M.S.P.H., associate professor, Division of General Pediatrics, UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, University of California, San Francisco
WHEN: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2017
WHERE: William H. Welch Medical Library, 2nd floor, 1900 E. Monument St., Baltimore, MD 21205
Note: Members of the media wishing to attend should contact Mónica Guerrero Vázquez at 410-550-1129.
For more information about Johns Hopkins Centro SOL, please click here.