Press for Dr. Quiñones-Hinojosa:
- NPR People and Places Profile. Farmworker to Surgeon: Immigrant Lives Dream. May 6, 2007.
- Terra firma--a journey from migrant farm labor to neurosurgery. N Engl J Med. 2007 Aug 9;357(6):529-31.
- A Conversation With Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa: A Surgeon’s Path From Migrant Fields to Operating Room. New York Times. May 13, 2008.
- NOVA: Science Now Profile.
- Boston Globe. A difficult path to a dream doctor, mentor was illegal worker 12 hard years ago. September 26, 1999.
- Hispanic Business.com. Five named to Hispanic Scholarship Fund Hall of Fame. September 8, 2006.
- BBC Mundo. De inducumentado a neurocirujano. May 28, 2008.
- CBS News. The amazing Dr. Q. May 18, 2007.
- MSNBC. Once a migrant worker, now a brain surgeon. July 23, 2008.
Press for the Outcomes Laboratory:
- Medical News Today. Brain tumor surgery: Study investigates connection between depression and survival. April 29, 2008.
- Clinical Psychiatry News. Preoperative depression lowers survival with brain tumor. November 2008.
- Johns Hopkins University Newsletter. Racial disparities in access to neuro-oncological care worsening over time. October 2009.