Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Past Intern Research Projects
- Elonna Jones: “CCL2 inhibits canonical type I interferon responses”
- Tyler Johnson: “Cognitive impairment: Investigating if cognitive performance is indicative of impairments to social functioning”
- Karla Ujueta: “A clinical study on OCD children with autistic traits in relation to their adult relatives with schizotypal traits”
- Olutayo Fawibe, Sanaa Amin, Bianca Cea: “Discerning shape thickness and volume in the superior temporal gyrus as Influenced by mild cognitive impairment”
- Anne Zappas: “Comparisons of trajectories of mini-mental state evaluation and Montreal Cognitive Assessment scores in Alzheimer's Disease and frontotemporal dementia”
- Montrell Vass: “Action selection under conflict: The role of reaction time”
- Bidii Bangamwabo: “Oxytocin: Parallel processing in the social brain”
- Leah Christian: “Using an sFRP3 antibody to promote cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus”
- Sheila Shaheed: “Osteopontin-mediated regulation of neurite growth”
- Iqrah Choudhry: “Q Cells: Effects of fluorine labeling for ALS patients”
- Shreya Vinjamuri: “Music's elicitation of emotion: Impact on social interaction”
- Morgan Taylor: “The effects of music on memory encoding and retention”
- Catina Mable: “Sublingual apomorphine project: Cyanapsus Study”
- Leah Vines: “HIV and neuropathy: D-drug use and intra-epidermal nerve fiber density”
- Monika Watat: “SCG10 (Stathmin 2): Immunoreactivity as a method of evaluating nerve regeneration
- Treasure Nwokeleme: “The importance of MCT1 to oligodendrocytes and the surrounding neuro-environment”
- Jae Eun (Janice) Nam: “Elevated osteopontin in HIV-associated co-morbidities: A pilot study”
- Tinbit Berhanu: “Oligodendrocyte progenitor cell phagocytosis in response to IFNγ stimulation initiates the antigen presentation process
- Katherine Duarte: “Transrenal DNA extraction”
- Elisha Howard: “It's a two-way connection: the brain and the gut”
- Nadia Paylor: Vesciular GABA transporter vGAT1 immunohistochemistry in adult mouse brain following neonatal ischemia
- Brenda Dzaringa: “Will balance influence outcome-dependent plasticity in mouse primary visual cortex?”
- Briana Davis: “Oxytocin and Vasopressin: Parallel Processing in the Social Brain”
- Brenda Dzaringa: “Examining Stress, Sexual Experiences, and Neighborhood Correlates of HIV Risk Among African-American Women (The Essence Project)”
- Osama Hassan: “How does BACE1 inhibitor affect APP abundance in diabetic mice?”
- Brittany Jones: “Animal model of delirium: Short-term memory deficits in postoperative mice”
- Sabreenah Khan: “Prodrugs of the glutamine antagonist DON: characterization of their DON-releasing properties in cell lines”
- Shadora Robinson: “Can exosomes from ATP-stimulated astrocytes reduce neuronal cell death?”
- Tanisha Rodgers: "Analyzing and understanding strength measures in individuals with brain and spinal cord dysfunction"
- Sai Ruthwik Putheti: “Correlation of patient perception of gait and balance with validated objective measures”
- Shamon Thomas-Green: “Sexual and religious obsessions and obsessive compulsive disorder”
- Sabah Muktar: “Helping youth in Baltimore realize their potential”
- Alim Habib: “Quantification of denervation in SOD1 mice at 4 months of age”
- Elmi Habib: “Kv1.3 KO CD4+ CD25hi secrete increased IL-10 and protect from EAE”
- Dyshae Scott: “Phase II intracranial EEG monitoring for medically refractory epilepsy”
- Enza Williams: “Genetic vs. environmental influence on the development of the sleep phenotype circadian rhythm disorder”
- Trevana Eades: “The change of expression of cells during inflammation in the brain in Rasmussen’s encephalitis”
- Amber Young: “Using mice models to analyze the molecular mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease”
- Tyesha White: “Analysis of osteopontin expression in cells of the brain in HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder (HAND)”
- Saida Muktar: “Development of PCS2+:Dendra2 vectors for transgenic expression in Xenopus laevis”
- Quartay Bradshaw: “Improving access to behavioral treatments for Tourette’s disorder”
- Garnell Purcell: “Protein tracking for mouse acting”
- Maxwell Lawson: “Relative utility of the mental state examination and the Montreal cognitive assessment for monitoring cognition in subjects with dementia”
- Jae Eun (Janice) Nam: “Differences in gene expression in painful and non-painful schwannomas”
- Tatenda Rameau: “Expression of osteopontin in microglia cells in HIV+ individuals with cognitive impairment”
- Rabia Tahir: “Histological characterization of fluorescently labeled outputs of the central amygdala”
- MonYi Lwin: “Making a fly: DAT-NewD-GAL4 transgenic driver”
- Anand Rajagopal: “Identification of genetic variants in children with neurological disease”
- Shardell Robinson: “Superficial siderosis study”
- Sarah Agarrat: “Minimally invasive surgery plus recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator for intracerebral hemorrhage evacuation and perihematomal edema”
- Solomon Johnson-Parker Hill: “Brainwaves during daily activities”
- Shahirah Khan: “Quantification of sweating test as an assay for peripheral neuropathy in diabetic mice”
- Keshara Cochrane: "The effect of dendrimer HDAC inhibitors on activated microglial cells"
- Asia Cole Anxiety: "The negative effects mental illnesses have on a child’s physical, mental, social and behavioral development"
- Chardone't Handy: "Development of educational tools to inform the public about Tuberous Sclerosis Complex"
- Leshaia Davis-Johnson: "Length of stay evaluation in child and adolescent psychiatry"
- Rodden Reyes: "Nanofiber nerve guide for peripheral nerve repair and regeneration"
- Raven Fields: "A randomized placebo trial for Rett Syndrome"
- Bianca Miller: "Lipid levels and sleep in adolescent ages 16-19"
- Omar Joyce, Jr.: "BDNF: underlying factor in ischemia and epilepsy"
- Surayyah Khan: "Reduced TNFR1 and NFkappaB expression in the brain of BACE1 transgenic mice"
- Shawnita Cureton: "Identification of cells in the central nervous system expressing osteopontin"
- Jayla Hubbard: "The effect of bisphenol A on adult neurogenesis"
- Briceson Roy: "Natural products as tools to explore novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of depression"
- Mina Al-Salihi: "Analyzing the role of Fig4 in the pathogenesis of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease"
- Pereviva Besong: "Mindfulness: reducing stress and increasing medical adherence in HIV patients"
- Chase Dews: "Stem cells: Making myelin one mouse at a time"
- Leah Hill: "HIV GP120: Inflammation in the brain"
- Shanquel Holman: "Continuous performance test for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)"
- Darin Johnson: "A study of neurogenesis"
- Sabah Muktar: "Modulating spinal excitability with direct current stimulation"
- Shishiri Naganyone: "The clinical and pathological features in late-life frontotemporal dementia"
- Iyanuoluwa Onibatedo: "The role of PD1 in multiple sclerosis"
- Himadri Patel: "The Kinereach Experiment"
- Denise Roman: "The Bloomberg Children's Center: A Center of Excellence for children with mood disorders"
- Tamara Simms: "Multiple domains of osteopontin enhance HIV replication in HeLa cells"
- Joshua Villanueva: "The effect of retinoic acid on the proliferation of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) cells"
- Ferlyn Virtudes: "Neuroprotective trials in Parkinson's Disease"
- Hema Arikala: "Development of an improved HIV-1 reporter virus"
- Hiba Farah: "The role of GABA-responsive neurons in epilepsy"
- Martha Flores: "Clearance of myelin axonal debris in BACE1 knockout mice"
- Diamond Greene: "The effect of anti-retroviral drugs on neuronal integrity"
- Lili Mo: "The role of gastrin-releasing peptide in modulating food intake"
- Raechel Mattison: "Reducing autistic symptoms in children with and without tuberous sclerosis"
- Christiana Obeng: "The association between gastrointestinal stromal tumors and neurofibromatosis type I"
- Erica Richardson: "Development of an ELISA to detect platelet activation"
- Erin Richardson: "The role of genetic risk factors for psychiatric disorders in brain development"
- Chanel Nicole Scott: "Identification of triggers for severe self-injurious behaviors in children"
- Hawi Sorsu: "Use of a mouse model to study the role of synaptic plasticity in Rett Syndrome"
- Franz Virtudes: "Molecular biology tools used in brain tumor research"
- Thrisann Weathers: "Under reporting of infestation of CPAP machines"
- Cherry Abdou: "Impact of cytokines on blood-barrier function"
- Eyoha Bayu: "Testing of neuroprotective compounds in an in vitro assay"
- Tarik Bayu: "Evaluation of trends in surgical treatment for acute ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage"
- Nicole Coppola: "Traumatic brain injury: A report"
- Shakira Gaskins: "In vivo models for ALS"
- Destiny Harrod: "Autism spectrum disease model"
- Mariah Heath: "Tools in molecular biology"
- Farah Khan: "The effect of psychostimulants on locomotion in transgenic mice"
- Aniqa Tasnim: "The role of BACE1 in myelin sheath formation"
- Kelby Weston: "Neuromyelitis optica"
- Lea William: "Changes in CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell numbers in the spleen during acute infection of macaques with SIV"
- Nishelle Brice: "The relationship between weather and stroke occurrence"
- Jerome Hill: "Molecular tools to phenotype mice"
- Ellison James: "Dynamic visual acuity"
- Candice Lyle: "Case study of a patient with Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease"
- Teri Porter: "Tourette Syndrome"
- Amandeep Samra: "The relationship between body position and CSF pressure"
- Ashley Van-Veen: "Measurement of vibration in adrenomyeloneuropathy"
- Kimberly Williams: "Tools used to measure CSF pressure"
- Taylor Alexander: "Neuroprotection exploratory trials in Parkinson's Disease"
- Morgan Carrington: "Mapping the progression of loss of function in the frontotemporal dementias"
- Erin Dickerson: "Impact of chemokines on housekeeping gene expression"
- Tunisia Ellis: "Management of neurofibromatosis"
- Michiko Kennedy: "Use of an animal model to study the ketogenic diet"
- Asia Lynn: "The impact of hospital lighting on patient sleep quality"
- Sakiera Malone: "Histological analyses of brain sections from epileptic patients"
- Gabrielle Thomas: "Impact of chemokines on housekeeping gene expression"
- Jacob Ennals: "Generation and expression of osteopontin deletion mutants"
- Lena Harris: "A case study in schizophrenia"
- Khadeijah Palmer-Rhodes: "Development of a drug for spinal muscular atrophy"
- Deandria Spencer: "Motor deficits in a mouse model of ALS"
- Vivian Ukegbu: "Use of a mouse model to study behavioral disorders"
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.