Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
How to Apply
Schools (officials, teachers, guidance counselors) are encouraged to recommend 1 – 2 current juniors or seniors with strong academic records and an interest in science and/or medicine. All interns will undergo a health screening, criminal background check, and training in the protection of human subjects prior to beginning their internship.
Recommendations must be received by February 24, 2017 to be considered. Recommendations should include the following (mailed together):
- In the letters of recommendation include a description of the student’s qualifications.
- A copy of the student’s resume (or history of work/research experience).
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two from a teacher or guidance counselor at the student’s school. Please include contact information).
- An official copy of the student’s transcript.
- Contact information for the student and a school representative. Please include an email address.
- A one page cover letter from the student describing why they want to participate in the program.
The nomination materials should be mailed together as one packet, or the applicant can email all materials at one time to Dr. Amanda Brown; Email: email@example.com. If the applicant will be emailing the materials, it is required that the letters of recommendation be sent by the recommender separately and must have the writer's signature and contact information.
For further information, please contact:
Amanda Brown, Ph.D.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Department of Neurology
600 North Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.