Our laboratory's efforts to identify new drug targets and develop new molecular based therapies for brain cancer are gratefully supported by the following generous donors, centers and funding agencies:
- The National Cancer Institute
- The National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Strokes
- The Ludwig Center at The Johns Hopkins University (Established by the Virginia & D.K. Ludwig Fund for Cancer Research, an affiliate of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research)
- The Children's Cancer Foundation
- The Johns Hopkins Department of Neurosurgery
Dr Gregory Riggins is the inaugural recipient of the Irving J. Sherman, M.D. Research Professorship in Neurosurgery Research. Dr. Sherman is a retired Neurosurgeon who trained under Dr. Walter Dandy at Johns Hopkins. Dr. Sherman graduated from the School of Medicine in 1940 and from the School of Arts and Sciences in 1936. The Professorship was established in 2002 by Florence Sherman, in honor of her husband.