Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Elizabeth Zink, MS, RN, CCNS, CCRN, CNRN
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Neuroscience Critical Care Unit
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Neuroscience Critical Care Unit
Zayed 3 West, Suite 3074
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
Elizabeth Zink, MS, RN, CCNS, CCRN, CNRN, is the clinical nurse specialist for the Neurosciences Critical Care Unit. A graduate of Towson State University with a bachelor’s degree in nursing, Ms. Zink also obtained her master’s degree in trauma, critical care and emergency nursing from the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Ms. Zink has held staff nurse positions in Neurosciences Critical Care and Neonatal Intensive Care and also worked as an acute care nurse practitioner in acute stroke before assuming her current position as clinical nurse specialist for the NCCU. She holds national certifications in critical care and neuroscience nursing as well as a Green Belt in Lean Sigma methodology.
Her special interests include orientation of new graduates into critical care, new technology implementation in neurocritical care and care of patients with cerebrovascular pathology. Ms. Zink has also published in the area of head injury for a textbook Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach (9th edition) and for Nursing 2005.
- University of Maryland School of Nursing, MS
- Towson University School of Nursing - BS
Clinical Practice Interests:
- Orientation of new graduates into critical care
- New technology implementation in Neuro Critical Care
- Care of patients with cerebrovascular disease
Other Professional Interests:
- National certifications in Critical Care and Neuroscience Nursing
- Green Belt in Lean Sigma Methodology
- Publications: Head injury, Severe traumatic brain injury and management of adult patient, Recognizing and intervening in pituitary apoplexy for the advanced practice nurse
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.