Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Johns Hopkins is committed to the promise of restorative therapies and specifically the use of stem cells to treat human disease, having established the Johns Hopkins Institute for Cellular Engineering (ICE) which carries out basic research aimed at defining the biological principles that guide differentiation and function of stem cells.
We stated at the inception of RESTORE, that, “at the end of five years, we expect to have dramatically improved our understanding of neuroimmunologic disorders and to have initiated clinical trials testing novel treatments based on this understanding.”We have met and exceeded these goals thanks to the tireless work of the scientists and clinicians at Johns Hopkins, and to the guidance and support of the Board of Ambassadors. Below, you will see examples of some of the work being done at the Johns Hopkins Project RESTORE.
Below you will find a description of our research plan based on the goals of Project RESTORE:
- Improve the diagnosis and treatment of patients with MS and TM
- Develop novel diagnostic strategies to define features of the disease (MS and TM)
- Develop immunologic therapies that block neurologic injury
- Restore function to patients through new restorative therapies
- Rapidly translate discoveries into new treatment therapies
- Educate physicians throughout the world
Learn more about current Project RESTORE clinical trials and research studies:
- Therapeutics and drug development
- Brain and spinal cord imaging
- Improving disease diagnosis
- Autism research
- Other related research studies
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.