Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Prepare for an Appointment
You will receive a new patient questionnaire in the mail prior to your appointment. Our team requests that you fill this out in advance and bring it with you to your first appointment. We also request that you bring:
- Any CAT scans or MRI scans pertinent to your appointment. The actual scans are best because reports are usually not sufficient. If you received your scans in a CD-ROM format, this works as well.
- A copy of your child’s head circumference chart, which the pediatrician should be able to provide
- Reports of previous surgeries for the condition we are discussing with you
- Any notes of previous evaluations for the condition you are coming to see us for
- Snacks, toys, magazines or a book – there is often a long wait in the clinic if your surgeon is pulled into a last minute emergency procedure or another child needs a longer than anticipated consult.
It is extremely important that a parent or legal guardian accompany their child to the appointment.
Request an Appointment
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.