Please follow the guidelines below for proper shipping instructions and related information.
- Do not ship specimens on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or the day before a major holiday. If in doubt, contact the Johns Hopkins Medicine Cutaneous Nerve Laboratory at 410-614-6399.
- Place labeled, cryoprotected specimen tubes in the leak-proof plastic bag provided with the shipping kit.
- Place the bag in the Styrofoam carton provided to your site along with the chilled refrigeration pack.
- Place the carton into the shipping container along with the completed Skin Biopsy Requisition form.
- Affix the pre-printed FedEx Priority One Overnight label and airbill to the package and contact FedEx for pick-up.
- Call the Cutaneous Nerve Laboratory at 410-614-6399 to notify us of the shipment, and FedEx airbill and tracking numbers. You may also fax a copy of the airbill with tracking number to 410-502-5560.
- The shipping address for the Johns Hopkins Medicine Cutaneous Nerve Laboratory is:
Michael Polydefkis, M.D.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
The John G Rangos Bldg, Rm 440
855 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21205