I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
What are the main types of brain tumors?
Different Types of Brain Tumors
Jon Weingart, MD, discusses the main types of brain tumors. Dr Weingart is a neurosurgeon and professor of Neurological Surgery and Oncology at Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Browse the list below to learn more about specific types of brain tumors and related conditions:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Anaplastic astrocytoma
- Astrocytomas in children:
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leak
- Choroid plexus tumor (in children)
- Colon cancer and metastatic brain tumors
- Convexity meningioma
- Craniopharyngioma (in adults)
- Craniopharyngioma in children
- Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor (in children)
- Giant cell tumor
- Germ cell tumor
- Gliomas (in adults):
- Gliomas in children:
- Medulloblastoma (in children)
- Melanoma (skin cancer) and metastatic brain tumors
- Metastatic brain tumors
- Mixed glioma
- Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma
- Olfactory neuroblastoma (esthesioneuroblastoma)
- Optic nerve glioma (in adults)
- Optic nerve glioma in children
- Paranasal sinus cancer
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Petrous apex lesion
- Pituitary tumors: