The Johns Hopkins Hospital's clinical facilities – the Sheikh Zayed Tower and The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center – offer enhanced levels of neurological and neurosurgical care. For the Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery, the opening of these facilities enables us to provide advanced patient-focused services, including:
- State-of-the-art adult and pediatric operating rooms, complete with an intra-operative MRI machine that provides real-time images of the brain viewable during surgery – we will be one of the only hospitals in the Mid-Atlantic region with this technology
- A modern 24-bed Neurological Critical Care Unit (NCCU) which provides collaborative ICU management for patients with serious neurological conditions
- Dedicated OR and NCCU spacious lounges and family respite areas, as well as private family consult rooms
- An enhanced Epilepsy Monitoring Unit equipped with advanced computer-based technology, specifically designed for the evaluation of adult and pediatric seizure disorders
- Modern adult and pediatric inpatient units including private rooms with natural lighting, walk-in showers, and comfortable, convertible sleep sofas
- Neuroscience monitoring stations between every two patient rooms, allowing the entire medical care team to attend to patient needs
The Johns Hopkins Neurology and Neurosurgery departments have been leading the way in innovative treatments for nearly a century. Our patients have access to the best current therapies as well as to clinical trials that offer the newest experimental treatments.
From the moment you enter the Sheikh Zayed Tower and The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center, you’ll experience how our technically advanced facilities support first-rate patient care.
Learn more about The Johns Hopkins Hospital's facilities, as well as access complete patient and visitor information.