2012 - 2013
- Warren Grayson, PhD; Biomedical Engineering: “Coupling vasculogenic and osteogenic development of adipose-derived stem cells.”
- Scott Kominsky, PhD: Orthopaedic Surgery: “Role of the CCL20/CCR6 Axis in Bone.”
- Rajesh Thimmulappe, PhD; Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health: “Nrf2 and age-related osteoporosis.”
- Ron Cohn, M.D., Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine: Preclinical testing of TGF beta inhibitors in models of acquired myopathies
- Tao Qiu, Ph.D.; Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery: Role of TbetaRII in coordination of PTH and TGF beta in bone remodeling
- Ryan Riddle, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery: Interaction of Hif-1 and Beta-catenin during skeletal mechanotransduction
Inaugural Musculoskeletal Research Symposium
The inaugural Musculoskeletal Research Symposium was held on October 18th, 2012. The program was introduced by Dr. Paul Rothman, Dean and CEO of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Presentations were given by the 2011-2012 Awardees:
- Ronald Cohn, M.D. (Elizabeth MacDonald)
- Tao Qui, Ph.D.
- Ryan Riddle, Ph.D.
This was followed by presentations by senior researchers representing the JHU Musculoskeletal Community:
- Thomas Clemens, Ph.D.
- Kathryn Wagner, M.D., Ph.D.
- Jennifer Elisseeff, Ph.D.
The keynote speaker wais Edward M. Schwarz, Ph.D. from the University of Rochester in New York. He discussed "Musculoskeletal Medicine in the Comparative Effectiveness Era: Towards the Development of a Revitalizing Allograft."