Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
- Lloyd Miller, M.D. "Immune mechanisms in the pathogenesis of orthopaedic implant infections"
2013 - 2014
- Catherine Foss, Ph.D., Division of Neurology, Department of Radiology: "Imaging BP Occupancy and Collagen Remodeling in a Mouse Model of Osteoporosis"
- Warren Grayson, Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering: "Role of PDGF in Coupling Vasculogenesis and Osteogenesis", 2nd year continuation grant
2012 - 2013
- Warren Grayson, PhD; Biomedical Engineering: “Coupling vasculogenic and osteogenic development of adipose-derived stem cells.”
- Scott Kominsky, PhD: Orthopaedic Surgery: “Role of the CCL20/CCR6 Axis in Bone.”
- Rajesh Thimmulappe, PhD; Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health: “Nrf2 and age-related osteoporosis.”
- Ron Cohn, M.D., Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine: Preclinical testing of TGF beta inhibitors in models of acquired myopathies
- Tao Qiu, Ph.D.; Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery: Role of TbetaRII in coordination of PTH and TGF beta in bone remodeling
- Ryan Riddle, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery: Interaction of Hif-1 and Beta-catenin during skeletal mechanotransduction
October 2, 2013 - Second Annual Musculoskeletal Pilot and Feasibility Symposium
Bob Kimberly, M.D.
University of Alabama Birmingham
Howard Holley Professor of Medicine
Director, UAB Center for Clinical and Translational Science
Associate Vive President for Medicine and Biomedical Research
Senior Associate Dean for Research
JHU Invited Speakers
- Xu Cao, Ph.D., Orthopaedic Surgery; Director, Center for Musculoskeletal Research
- Gregg Semenza, M.D., Ph.D. Institute of Genetic Medicine; Director, Vascular Program of Hopkins' Institute for Cell Engineering
Inaugural Musculoskeletal Research Symposium
The inaugural Musculoskeletal Research Symposium was held on October 18th, 2012. The program was introduced by Dr. Paul Rothman, Dean and CEO of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Presentations were given by the 2011-2012 Awardees:
- Ronald Cohn, M.D. (Elizabeth MacDonald)
- Tao Qui, Ph.D.
- Ryan Riddle, Ph.D.
This was followed by presentations by senior researchers representing the JHU Musculoskeletal Community:
- Thomas Clemens, Ph.D.
- Kathryn Wagner, M.D., Ph.D.
- Jennifer Elisseeff, Ph.D.
The keynote speaker wais Edward M. Schwarz, Ph.D. from the University of Rochester in New York. He discussed "Musculoskeletal Medicine in the Comparative Effectiveness Era: Towards the Development of a Revitalizing Allograft."